Gluten Free Crispy Pork Spring Rolls

Yesterday a friend came over to drill in some shelves. Since neither of us have actually drilled anything ever, so it was an amusing time. My friend started drilling a hole and then announced "I think I've hit metal". So she withdrew, I attempted to cover the hole with white nailpolish and we chose another location while cackling "safety first!". Lemme just say, we rock. We got a shelf up and did a little dance and knocked back some Coke Zero and felt like menly men. We were going to drill another shelf in in the hallway and just before she made another hole, I noticed an electrical box and said "ummm. Let's just call it a day." So then I gave her a shellac manicure and all was good in the world.

In the evening I met a friend for some Indian food and it was spicy and awesome and a fun time. Loving these warm summer nights and can't believe I have only 2 more weeks of Summer break. Sob. Adult times ahead. I'm a little tired this morning but I got to chill on the sofa and watch Animal Rescue Miami. Cock fighting, totally illegal.

I've decided to up my fresh fruit and veg intake to avoid scurvy so this morning I have had raspberries and blueberries and feeling very smug. Soon I will have some carrot sticks with fat free Ranch dressing. Life is good. And tonight I will have fresh mozz with pesto and basil over gluten free focaccia. So good sooo good.

I have now been gluten free for a week and I feel really good. I won't not ever ever have gluten again but if I can keep my diet gluten free for the next couple of weeks, I think I will start to notice a difference. It has been surprisingly easy and the other night I made Crispy Pork Spring Rolls and here is the recipe and you are welcome.

A package of rice wrappers (made only with rice flour)
Ground Pork: .75 pound
A tablespoon of chopped ginger
Crushed garlic
Sesame oil: A few drops
Shredded carrots: 1 cup
Shredded cabbage: 1 cup
Shredded onion
A dash of soy sauce
Salt
Spray oil

Pretty much cook the pork (totally kosher) and then add the rest of  the ingredients except the rice wrappers and cook for about 5-10 minutes in a frying pan. Soak the wrappers in water for a couple of minutes. Pat them down. Spoon in the pork filling, wrap like a burrito and then place on baking paper on a cookie sheet. Spray down the wrapped pork with PAM and then place in the oven at 200 Celsius for about 30 minutes. The wrappers will brown slightly and be crispy. Carefully place on a plate (they will most likely split). I think next time I will double layer them. Serve with hot sauce. So good and gluten free! Win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge