Back to Blogging and Gluten Free

I haven't blogged since before going to Greece. Bad me. I decided to be hedonistic and consume crap the last few weeks and now I am paying for it but it was fun and now party time is over. I have three more weeks until I am back at work and to be really really honest, I'm actually looking forward to it. I like schedules and I like to be busy and oh yeah, I like to get paid.

Greece was fun but travelling with a 2 year old does not a relaxing holiday make. He was totally awesome at the resort and it was totally awesome to spend so much time with him. My little man is becoming a little man and while it freaks the crap out of me that he is growing so fast, it is amazing to see him grow up and develop. I feel pretty freaking blessed to have had this time to spend with him. He makes me laugh like John Stewart and Happy Endings rolled into one.

It has not only been a hedonistic few weeks due to my eating but also to my drinking. I have played a lot of tennis. I attended a speakeasy party for my friend's birthday and it was so much fun and elegant and well, so much fun. The Husband and I did some champagne tasting one night and then another night watched the Great Gatsby. I went to a bachelorette party on a boat, followed by dinner in the centre and then yesterday we attended a bbq along the Danube. It has been just crazy and fun!

But for all the things I have been doing (non productive things), my energy level has been pretty low and last week I spent a couple of days analyzing my food intake and have been trying to pinpoint the problem (besides the consumption of thousands and thousands of calories; liquids and solids). In the past, my energy has been highest while I have been on Atkins but the thought of living a low carb lifestyle sends me into spasms and I refuse to be on a diet for the rest of my life. I've tried it all and I finally think I have found the problem (besides the consumption of thousands and thousands of calories; liquids and solids). Yes my friends, I believe my problem is gluten. I love wheat. I could eat wheat all day everyday. But I think I might have an intolerance and that kind of sucks. A few months ago I tried to go gluten free but that lasted like a day because I accidentally fell into a pizza, but now is the time to try again. A friend of mine has done it in the past and always says she feels amazing. And well, I'm on day 4 and I am feeling a lot more energetic. This isn't a diet change for weight loss (but yes, that would be amazing. Thank you very much Miley Cyrus for wearing that crop top the other day. Thinspiration) but rather about determining whether or not I have an intolerance to wheat. And, when I am tired I consume more, so, now with more energy I will eat less. Math, it works.

So bear with me as I make gluten free meals. I went to the grocery store this morning and am amazed at the amount of gluten free products out there. I hit gold! Tonight I am making some scrambled eggs with gluten free ciabatta. Woot woot, no wheat wheat. And so, now I must go and enjoy my third to last free Monday and watch Murder She Wrote and shellac my nails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge