Last Minute Projects and This Week's Menu

Wow! Only 2 weeks left! I can't believe almost 4 months have gone by. I got stuff done and I didn't get some stuff done but now that the crunch is on, I am in a panic to complete ALL THE SUMMER PROJECTS! What I have left to do:

-Clean out the closet and get rid of a few more bags of crap
-Clean out one of our bookshelves and replace with purses so that there is more room in the closet for crap
-New one since the weekend: paint the dining table and chairs (originally the table was shiny navy and I wanted it to match our brown Kenyan furniture, so about 7 years ago I sanded it down and painted it brown and gold. I had blue snot for a week. Now I want it white with blue print.)
-Sew a couple of tops
-Get as much writing on my novel as possible

It is going to be a very busy 2 weeks. This morning I brought the Kid to daycare, walked to the bagel place for gluten free bagels, brought a pair of pants to the tailor and then walked to a furniture store for white paint. In about an hour I will meet a friend for tennis and then pick up the Kid and head to friend's courtyard for some wine and water fun. Tomorrow I am meeting a co-worked for coffee, then a friend for lunch and either the Husband or I will go to a friend's birthday dinner in the evening. Wednesday I will paint the table and then go to a friend's and then Thursday, I will paint the table and work on the bookshelf and closet. Busy busy.

Weekends are always the toughest to eat well. Especially when the Husband and I finally went to this Italian place nearby that has a playground in the garden. I didn't eat there, but drank a lot of wine which then led me to inhale gluten free chips. Sigh. But it was a pretty awesome weekend. The Kid is growing up and starting to realise that we kind of own him and he is much more manageable. We are starting to realise that we can do more things now and not break into a sweat every time the Kid starts to kvetch. Oh thank you deities!

So, long story short, to quote Dr. Phil; If I fail to plan, I plan to fail... So here is this week's menu:

Monday:
Lunch: fruit smoothie and gluten free bagel with margerine
Dinner: Fresh mozz and gluten free bagel

Tuesday:
Lunch: Chicken salad
Dinner: Veggie burger sans bun

Wednesday:
Lunch: Smoothie
Dinner: Chicken curry with brown rice

Thursday:
Lunch: Smoothie
Dinner: Burger salad

Friday:
Lunch: Smoothie
Dinner: Sushi (Kappa Maki)

Weekend planning still pending...

2 more weeks! 2 MORE WEEKS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge