Trophy Wife for the Day

Hello Thursday night! The Kid fell asleep about 2 hours ago, I ate too much pasta, and now I am in my jammies, relaxing on the sofa.The Husband is out because his company is having an Oktoberfest which can only end well. I went spinning this afternoon and it was, as always, awesome! I hope to get a run in tomorrow morning but we will see. I want to get at least one more run in before the Night Run on Tuesday. My second race this year and I can't believe it. Back in March, if you had told me I would have willingly paid money to be surrounded by people in spandex, I would have told you you had gone and lost your damn mind.

The semi good news is that we have now made it over 24 hours without the Kid having a major episode. The past week has been incredibly taxing and rough but the positive side is that it has fueled me to do more; for us and for others. I am super excited to be meeting with a psychology student next week who has expressed interest in working with the Kid several times a week and slowly but surely I am gathering information and contacts. I hope that in the next month or so I can put together a workshop and also host a parent night. E-mail me at tmspatz@gmail.com if you are interested! I also am super grateful for everybody's support and encouragement! It's been rough, probably the hardest few days of my life, like I said, but we will get there!

So on to yesterday's day of being a trophy wife. Now, obviously I am not a trophy wife... I am barely one of those pins you get at company functions... you know the ones with a flag and then a company logo? Yeah, I am not a long-legged, dewy model, but let's just pretend for one day I was one. It was a work holiday and being the idiot I am, I believed that booking a ton of things to do would be incredibly relaxing. In retrospect, I should have probably stayed at home in the morning and wrapped myself in Ikea blankets and built a fort under the dining room table. But hindsight is a righteous bitch. Instead I dropped the Kid off at daycare, desperately whispering "please be good, please be good" (he wasn't great yesterday at the daycare but definitely better and today he was perfect - yaaay!) and then I ran home to pack up my stuff for spinning. I met a friend for a quick coffee and then we headed to the class. It was insane and it felt great that for 45 minutes I could focus on something else other than the Kid and his horrific rages. I focused instead on not keeling over and dying. After class I ran home and showered, sewed a little and then made my way to my hair appointment to get my roots did.

A friend of mine was at the salon getting her hair did when I arrived and we chatted and then it was time for me to grab some lunch and read my Kindle. I am currently reading the book The  Devil in the White City which is about America's first serial killer. It is pretty terrifying but I do like the stories about the World Fair. Quite mind boggling, actually. After my late lunch, I headed over to a friend's place to chat. At 5:30 I had to bounce because I wanted to try out the Dry Bar I mentioned the other day. I decided to book an evening make up appointment because treat yo'self. The place is near Westbahnof on a street called Stumpergasse which reminds me of "stumpy" which reminds me of myself. I walked in and up the steps and was greeted cheerfully by the two people working there. I was told to take a seat and relax and I wanted to say "Relax? Have we met?!" and then I would have realized we hadn't met before and then explaining it in German would just get complicated. For some reason, I am ridiculously nervous when I walk into salons. Must be a repressed memory in there somewhere.
Dry Bar by Davies in Vienna
At exactly 6, I was seated in a make up chair and asked if I usually wear make up. I snorted and said "Oh yes!" I couldn't find the German word for spackle but she could tell by my body language (shoveling imaginary cement onto my face) that I am not a stranger to a lot of make up. I did tell her I was easy (if you know what I mean. Heh). She worked quickly and told me not to look in the mirror until she was done. Whenever I get facials, and the esthetician's hand gets too close to my nostrils, I have this irrational worry that I will breathe too deeply and accidentally create a vacuum effect, trapping their hand to my nose. Am I the only who fears this? Really? Cough.

After 25 minutes, I was declared "done" and I looked in the mirror. I definitely looked ready for a night out. She did a heavy eye which was quite dramatic but I thought she did an awesome job! And the fact that it only took 25 minutes? BIG WIN! I did spend the rest of the evening telling people I had had my make up done as a test because for a casual dinner out with girlfriends, it was a little too much.

But I am definitely going back. Actually, I have an appointment on Saturday because I am going to a party that night and again, why not? This time I will have a blow out so I can report more on that in a few days. I do totally recommend the Dry Bar on Stumpy street, I mean Stumpergasse. Friendly peeps, funky decor and fast! After getting all fancy, I headed to der Fuchs und die Trauben. We were a small group of 6 ladies and there was a lot of laughter and wine. At one point I spotted some friends from the American International School I attended back in the 90's. There were some people I didn't know but recognized by name. After the lovely dinner, I joined the alumni table for a nightcap. But the clock struck midnight and it was time to head home. Holy crap was it a hard and long day being a trophy wife! Is this what they have to do all the time? If so, hats off to their glossy hair, perfect make up and hard abs. Being a lady of leisure is a lot of work. And that is ME saying that! So, it is slowly time for me to crawl into bed with my creepy book. It was nice to have a chill evening on my own. There is so much more for me to write about (which I will in the next couple of days); a new facemask a friend made for me, conversations with the Office Twin and of course plans for the weekend. Also, stay tuned for The House of Canada new products launch. The stuff arrived and tomorrow after work I am heading over to check out the merchandise - I CANNOT WAIT! Happy Thursday!


Comments

  1. "Trophy Wife for a Day" offers a delightful escape from routine. Embracing luxury and pampering, it's a chance to feel cherished and special. How Play Games Whether through indulgent experiences or self-care, this day reminds us to treat ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge