The Week Ahead

First off, thank you everybody for your kind words, your messages and your e-mails. It really meant the world to me and pushed me out of my very dark mood. Saturday was the lowest of the low. I was absolutely devastated. But Sunday was, thank God, a million times better. The only downside is that I felt like I was walking on egg shells, careful not to inadvertently trigger another freak out. In the afternoon a friend and her lovely son came over for a playdate and it was lovely. The Kid usually ignores other kids but towards the end of the visit, he ended up interacting a little bit with the other boy and that made my heart happy. And by interacting I mean he sat on him.

I went to bed feeling a lot more at ease and then at 4 this morning, the Kid had another freak out. I think he is on a strange sleeping schedule because it seems that for the past week, at 4 a.m., he wakes up and gets upset. I am not sure how we can change this but to the Internet I will go. Part of me thinks it is growing pains because he touches his legs during the 4 o'clock screaming sessions. Ugh. I am exhausted and my heart breaks. But at least yesterday was great! Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

The week ahead promises to be busy... as always. Today I am going to work and then in the afternoon I will go and look at the pictures I had taken and cringe. After, I will be attending the American Women's Association General Meeting. I can only stay for an hour because I will be meeting a friend for dinner after. On Tuesday we have our first session with the new therapist at 7:30, then a day of work and then I will join a 4 p.m. Spin class and then in the evening spend some quality time with the Kid and then once he is in bed, I have some work to do, yo. Wednesday (thank the heavens!!) is a work holiday. I plan to get a morning spin class in, then I have a hair appointment, then I am meeting friends for coffee and then in the evening heading to Der Fuchs und Die Trauben. Also, before dinner, I am checking out the Dry Bar. While at first glance the name might strike you as a place I would never visit "A DRY BAR? WHAT IS THIS, UTAH?!?!?" it is actually a place to go and get a blow out! I am so excited! A friend told me about this place a few months ago and I have been meaning to check it out and then write about it and well, now I am going. I did not book a blow out but rather to get my make up done. I figure Wednesday is one of those trophy wife days so I am going to treat myself. Except, I don't think trophy wives look like a rotund Fraggle.

Thursday will be another normal day with hopefully a spin class at 4. I get to work at 7:30 so that I can leave by 3:30 (just in case you were wondering. You probably were, right? Heh). In the evening the Husband will be out because his company is hosting an Oktoberfest party- this can only end well. Friday morning we have a therapy session with the other therapist and then Friday night I will collapse on the sofa wearing fleece. On Saturday I hope to get my 4th spin class of the week in and then in the evening I will head back to the Dry Bar because I will be attending a birthday party and I want to look halfway decent.

In the interim, I hope to get some more information about the autism "ambulanz" that is opening at the AKH in October. I have no idea how I will make contact but where there is a will, there is a way. I am also currently looking for psychology students in Vienna who are interested in autism/child development. We are looking for someone who needs experience with working with special needs kids; and ergo we are offering our first born. Ideally this would be someone who would come to our place 2-3 times a week for an hour. If you know of somebody, anybody, please let me know. We were promised an intern over a year ago for the daycare but that never materialized. And the autism center has proved to not be helpful. I am frustrated that there are no e-mails, information updates, invites, nada especially after the 1500 euros that was donated from the fundraiser we hosted (and for all those who donated - you rock and I will always remember your generosity!). So now I will focus my energy and sheer lack of decorum and focus on the AKH. Wish me luck and watch this space.

In other news, I am taking on a fun project for an upcoming ball - the Vienna Science Ball. I am ridiculously excited about this because - and yes, I was about to write I LOVE BALLS but realized that's just not right to write out - I have been asked to be continue to be my irreverent and sardonic me and that is everything! And yes, I love balls. So for the next few months, I will be involved in that and I CANNOT WAIT! Hopefully I will also win the lottery so that I can have more time to execute my plan to become Vienna's First Autism Bitch and to push for change here. Autism therapy is not covered by health insurance here and that is unacceptable. Plus there is practically no help for people in our position and that is outrageous! Now it is time for me to get dressed and head to work. I want to say thank you again for all of your hugs and support. I don't usually do a "MY LIFE SUCKS!" post because I don't want pity... I want blood.. wait, I mean.. I want change. What is in this coffee?!? Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge