Wien Museum Visit, End of Sick Leave, Halloween Decorating and a Crockpot Curry Recipe

Back to work tomorrow! I can't believe I was off for the whole week. I have so much to catch up on! I am still stuffed up but at least not as exhausted as before. That was a rough week for me and I know how lucky I am to have been able to have had time to sleep. But I am going to really try and stay as healthy as possible because I don't do sick well... as you could all probably tell. I also have to apologize for my ranty podcast on Friday. It started off good and then I got a little off track and got all venty and that really wasn't my intent. And while there is a lot of truth to it, I probably should have written down my thoughts before going rogue. So apologies if I sounded a little off. I blame the cold and probably a couple of messages I was not amused by.

Friday afternoon I ventured outside. It was sunny but kind of cool but of course I had the weird flu sweats. Lovely. I decided to check out Humana which is a charity shop chain in Vienna. I wasn't sure what I was looking for but I wanted to get some inspiration for my Halloween costume. As I said in my podcast on Friday, I was bouncing around a couple of ideas... one was Zuul from Ghostbusters... but I still hadn't decided. I walked into the shop and saw some great pieces but then I saw it. I saw something I have searched for for years... a puffy 80s red prom dress. I almost exclaimed out loud and I ripped it off the rack and headed to the cash desk. No, I did not try it on... I did not care. I posted a picture of it and a couple of you guessed what the costume will be. I won't say what it is, but it is safe to say I have wanted to be this for Halloween for over 25 years. It's like a childhood dream coming true! Now where the fuck is my pony?! Cough. Anyway. I did try on the dress when I got home and it does not zip up all the way because, Chesty La Rue, but I will make it work. Sqquuuee! So excited!

After my super exciting purchase, I met my friend for a drink and tried to kill the rest of my cold. I then headed home and we ordered pizza and watched TV and the Kid was in a great mood. Saturday morning the little bugger woke up at 5 a.m. but at least he was quiet watching Paw Patrol... only nagging me slightly for breakfast.  Kids and their wants, AMIRITE? I also was in a bit of a panic because that morning was the autism friendly hour I had arranged with Wien Museum. After months and months of emails, it finally was the big day! The idea was that the museum would open an hour early and families dealing with autism were welcome to check out some of the museum free of charge. I got there a little bit earlier (the Kid and Husband stayed at home because the Husband was under the weather and he would have been in charge of making sure the Kid didn't touch stuff) and met with the contact person. Again I had the flu sweats. Only a few people showed up for the event and that is alright. It was an amazing thing that the Wien Museum did and I hope that more places in Vienna will do this... don't worry, they will be getting emails soon. The kids who attended seemed to have an awesome time and hopefully next time I can bring the Kid. Just after 10, I headed home and drank a pot of coffee because I had an exciting afternoon of HALLOWEEN DECORATING ahead of me!

As I have mentioned before, our friends around the corner are kind enough to store all my Halloween shit over the year. So yesterday, in the afternoon, I picked up the key and started bringing the many many bags back home. It took me about 6 trips and I still have to bring up the fake tombstones but I don't need them until the night of the party. I decorate every room besides the bedroom, the Kid's room and the bathroom. Of course, once the Kid is gone for the night, his room turns into a graveyard/swamp which is also the bar area. Don't worry, the scent of alcohol is gone by the time he gets back home the next day. Well, I still smell like it but that doesn't matter... Right? I spent most of the day changing the living room into a dark and foreboding, yet comfortable, living room. Unfortunately the Kid had a mini freak out as well. It wasn't the worst one he has had and we think it was due to gas. I hear you kid, not pleasant. It didn't last long and then he was in bed by 7:30 and I was in bed by 8:30. Even though I am feeling better than the last few days, I am still pretty tired and I have to take it really easy these next few weeks so that I don't relapse. This morning I was awoken around 6:30 by the Kid stealing my duvet. We watched cartoons and I finished decorating. The Husband took him to the playground so he could run around and now we are having a quiet afternoon doing very very little. We will be ordering food for dinner because yesterday I made curry and that was a domestic duty for the weekend. It was great to dust off the old crockpot (I thought I was the only person with a crockpot. I was wrong) and I really need to get my shit together and plan more meals. I used to be so good at that but these last few months have been a little nutso. Maybe that should be one of my goals in October: summon the dark forces and use the crockpot at least 3 times a week. We'll save money and I can be smug domestic goddess! Win win!

And for those of you who were asking, here is my easy peasy crockpot curry recipe (you can use potatoes instead of chicken breasts, or even chick peas! Sky is the limit!)

Tova's Not Authentic Curry Recipe

2-3 cut up raw chicken breasts
1-2 cups of veg broth
1-2 tablespoons of madras curry
Chopped dried chilis (I like it hawt!)
1 tsp tumeric
A dash or two of cinnamon (I like it, leave me alone)
Ground up fresh ginger (a tablespoon)
4 garlic cloves crushed
2 onions chopped
Any veg you like if you want to be healthier
A pinch of salt
Bay leaf
A dash of coconut milk (add at the end)

Cook in the crockpot at low for 6-7 hours and serve with rice. Nom. So easy and so good. Enjoy! And send me pics of your dishes. Or tag me on Instagram @tmspatz. I hope you all have a great Sunday still and a great week ahead and hey, it is October 1st! HUZZAH! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge