Hospital Visit and the Last Few Days

Hello Tuesday afternoon! I am now home because we just got back from getting the Kid shots at the hospital. For the past couple of years we have been unable to get him up to date on his shots due to his doctor being unable to guarantee getting the shot actually into him. Of course, with luck on our side, the Kid's stomach doctor offered to do it for us at the hospital he works at. This doctor has been a real blessing in our lives and now I shall name my next purse after him.. Incredible man! We made an appointment at the St. Anna hospital and at 1:30, we dragged the Kid in  (he was a little grumpy but otherwise fine) and by 1:50, he was fully vaccinated. And I could not be prouder. When we entered the room, there were 2 doctors and 2 nurses and 2 parents about to pass out. We took the Kid's shirt off, one nurse sat on the gurney and told him to sit in her lap, facing her (and he listened which shocked me. She was bosomy, I get it now) and then each doctor had a needle and jabbed him on one side each and I closed my eyes waiting for the scream. Nope, nada. Just a little whine and then it was over. UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE! He even danced a little as they stuck bandaids on and we all looked at each other in complete shock. I don't know if it was all the attention or maybe because he is Jewish and he recognizes the value of doctahs, or... shit, I don't care. I'm just over the moon he isn't traumatized and when we go back in 4 weeks, he should be fine walking in again... Positive thoughts.

Man, I am just so relieved that is over and that it went better than expected. So let's review the past few days, shall we? On Saturday afternoon, I headed over to my friend's place so that we could record for my podcast. It is so fun to do it on my own but it is even more fun to have a "guest". It makes my job a little easier... which is a benefit... for me. The plan was for me to go over, make her dinner (yes, I offer that service as well) and then we would "pod". We prepped the onion tart, I cut myself, we drank wine and then we started the podcast. About halfway through we had run out of wine so we made a quick run to the gas station and the attendant was bemused I believe. 7 euros for a cheap bottle of wine. I'm ok with that. We drank some more, chatted and then finally ate. It was so much fun and when you listen to the podcast, you will hear what it is like every.single.time we talk: a non-stop gush of words and interruptions. So fun! I headed home around 10:30 and fell asleep immediately. The next morning I published the podcast and of course listened to it again because we crack ourselves up which is truly vain and yet awesome.

The Husband took the Kid to the playground and I decided to get a long walk in. I didn't have a stepping challenge but it was gorgeous out and I needed to fulfill my white girl in fall needs. I wore a plaid shirt, a large scarf (it was too hot for that I spent a good 20 minutes trying to detangle it off of my neck and out of my earphones. Smooth I am not), Keds and leggings and headed out into the sunshine. I listened to a couple of podcasts and even bought myself a tall Pumpkin Spice Latte. I have to have one once a year to really feel like I am embracing the changing season. I don't even like PSL's that much but sometimes you just got to do what you has got to do. Probably the best part of getting my Pumpkin Spice was overhearing one of the barristas talking about her performance in the opera the night before and Vienna... never change. It was a lovely 2 hour walk through the neighbourhood and around the Ring and by the time I got home, I was ready for a little quality sofa time. The Husband headed out to vote (which took him a total 10 of ten minutes) and then in the evening I went for a run, then ordered pizza and then yelled at the television at the election results. By 8 I was exhausted and ready to head into the bedroom and work on some collars that I will be selling on Etsy soon (more on that in another blog post). As I walked past the TV I saw my friend and since I have the brain of a 4 year old, I waved at her and said "Oh hi!". Yeah. I wrote her after and told her and I think we are still friends? I am always excited to see my friends doing such cool things and I wrote that on Facebook on Sunday... as I wore a ripped t-shirt and played with crafts. Anyhow...

Yesterday after work I headed to Sophort to do a podcast with a really lovely guy I know and you can listen to it as it is now up. It was a lot of fun and then I headed to Downstairs bar for a couple of cocktails with friends. Kind of living the life I always I imagined I would lead after reading those two sentences. Except, in my fantasy life, I am wearing a Carrie Bradshaw tutu and shoes that aren't from Deichmann. Oh well. Tonight I will meet a friend for dinner at Da Capo for pizza and wine and I cannot wait! Otherwise it will be a quiet rest of the week: I have a ton of collars to work on and I finally have a theme and of course, I will just take it easy, kind of. The Kid will stay home tomorrow in case he gets a fever today and then back to the grind on Thursday. I am so freaking grateful that we were able to get these shots out of the way in the best way possible. Phew. That's all I can say. I hope you all have a great day and stay tuned for more podcasts coming your way! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge