Sorry About the Crying

Wow. So um, apologies about that last podcast. I totally did not expect to cry. If you want to not hear that, please skip ahead by about 6 minutes. Um. Yeah. That came out of nowhere so apologies again. This morning, when I woke up, I debated whether I should delete that podcast or not but I decided to keep it up. It is a real moment that I recorded and as embarrassing as it was, I think it is important for people to know that my life isn't always fake skulls and dead flowers. Heh. I was greeted by a hug this morning from a friend and it was really sweet and so many people wrote wonderful things and reached out. I am so so so lucky to have such awesome people in my life like my family and friends. So thank you again to everybody. It was a very raw moment but I am touched by all the love.

I think (I know) what kicked it off is that the Kid had had a freak out just before he went to bed. It was actually a very minor one and he managed to calm down within a minute or two but it just sucked as always. I really didn't think it would lead to me crying but hey, that's life. I'm feeling fine today and while I will continue to apologize for those few minutes, I also will try to avoid doing that in the future. So yay, the podcast episode where I cry is out of the way! Back to zany fun Tova! Hurrah! And please feel free to use "Schaden Freud" and "Kurzer Kern" for your future Halloween costumes. Just make sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook!

As I mentioned last night, or did I, it was a bit of a blur, I have decided to make my life a little bit simpler this Halloween party. Instead of cooking up a storm and, ergo, giving myself a panic attack, I am going to just put out finger foods this year. For years I have gone a little nutso with the food offerings because I need people to praise me for the work I do. Yes, I know this is ridiculous and yet I have continued to do this for years. This time I will not be spending Friday night and all day Saturday screaming at the Husband "PEOPLE LOVE MY ZITTI!" but instead, putting out a cheese board, and other things and don't worry, I am a Jewish mother, there will be definitely too much food anyway... just not overly complicated hot food. I feel very at peace with this decision and I hope that I can maintain that zen until the party. On Saturday the party starts at 8 and it is going to be wild!

After work today I will pick up some more craft supplies and then stop by Lily Markt for some frozen dim sum for dinner (they have the BEST selection in town). Ask me how my cleanse went? Not well. After dinner and once the Kid is in bed, I am going to work on another collar design and of course listen to another podcast because that is my church at this point. I am learning so much, you guys! I will most likely not cry tonight and I look forward to a good night's sleep. Thursday is an Austrian holiday so I am very much looking forward to hanging out with the Kid and taking a walk or two. Of course I will also be scrubbing down the place for Saturday's debauchery. Fun fun. As I also mentioned, I have a lot of exciting guests for the podcast and I am very much looking forward to the next two months. Of course they will be crazy busy because that's the status quo. I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday and again, I apologize for the crying... I'm just grateful I didn't sound too snotty. Toodles!

Comments

  1. Apologizing for shedding tears isn't necessary. Crying is a natural, human expression of emotions. It shows vulnerability and strength, conveying feelings that words often can't. How Play Games Instead of saying sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge