The Fundraiser and Day 12

As I posted yesterday, the Kid was no bueno in the morning. I had hoped that would be it for the day but after a fabulous dinner experience (he sat again at the dining room table with us for more than 10 minutes and actually ate a ton of rice with a spoon) he had another meltdown. But, to be honest, this meltdown actually made me a little happy. Now hear me out before you ask me out for drinks and hug me, thinking I have gone off the deep end (by the way, you can always ask me out for drinks and hug me). Usually the Kid enjoys going to bed. I think he likes the warmth of his blankets, the darkness and the quiet. But last night he was having none.of.it. When we told him it was time for bed, he completely freaked out and refused to go to bed. There was screaming and yelling and hitting us but as soon as we sat down on the sofa with him, he calmed down. Now this is where I realized something very key: he was not having a meltdown but having a temper tantrum. There was actually cause and effect happening here... and that gives me some hope that he actually can be bratty sometimes. This was not an unprovoked fit. I sat on the sofa with him and every couple of minutes I would say calmly "Let's go to bed." and he would whine but finally around the 10th time I said it, he got up and we walked to his bedroom. It was a total win last night because, like I said earlier, it was cause and effect and that is much much easier to work with... well, easy might not be the word I should use. But still, it felt like a bit of a break through but of course, fingers crossed this is not a new phase of hating bedtime because I will lose my shit and become Miss Hannigan.

Anyway, he fell asleep within a couple of minutes and ended up sleeping the whole night until he crawled into our bed at 7 a.m. Thank you Jeebus! I am pumped that it is Saturday but I have a lot of things to do today: make a bazillion necklaces (I am adding shells because gnarly), buy packs of raffle tickets, and of course go for a run and do some yoga. Speaking of smug exercise doing (new term), I am officially on day 12 of my 30 day yoga and vegan challenge. Incroyable! I cannot believe I have not faceplanted into a bowl of grated cheddar. I even went to a pizzeria on Monday and had pasta. CRAY CRAY! How do I feel? Pretty good actually. Will I always be a vegan? No. But I like the challenge of trying new recipes and it definitely makes it harder to snack and mindless eat. Usually (always) I do a challenge to lose weight but I truly wanted to try and see if veganism would help my stomach issues and well, it kind of is helping. And I haven't entered a food coma yet so there is so much winning. Yoga has also been great. I used to think Yoga was not a workout. I was wrong... so very wrong. I realized a couple of years ago that Yoga kicks my ass... in a peaceful and loving way. Every day I have been doing a 35 minute Vinyasa course I found on YouTube. It's fantastic and already I fall less on my face than I did before.

I started the challenge before the new year because I didn't want to throw myself off a bridge on January 1st. While I think New Year's resolutions are a great way to figure out what you want to change in your life, I usually do my cheesy Oprah-like vision journal instead where I write down things I want for the upcoming year and/or goals. One of them is about drinking. I love my good old friend alcohol and last year I definitely cut down. I rarely drink at home (the Husband pretty much gave up drinking last year. The smug is strong in that one) and yet, when I would go out, it was a bit like Rumspringa! Whooo! SPRING BREAK! So my newest goal is the 3 drink limit. Now I sound like a strip club policy. Pretty much the new rule is that I will not have more than 3 small drinks on a night out (balls, galas, raging parties are exempt). I have been out a couple of times since I implemented this no-fun archaic rule and I have been successful. While I don't often get too carried away, I do hate feeling exhausted the next day. So the three drink rule when going out is a great compromise and my liver thanks me.

The fundraiser for the Beacon Beach House is just about 10 days away. Am I noivous? Yes. I am already pre-stage hyperventilating which means that I will most likely be a wreck when we get closer to the date. I am hoping for an amazing turnout: the prizes for the raffle are incredible! Here is a list so far of what can be won. I will be adding a few more once I get confirmation but already, this is an insane list of things! Check it out!

The House of Canada Canadian Adventure Package
Company logo and business card or Facebook
Kuspa Designs necklace, earrings and bracelet
Leedina Portraits photography session
A ticket to the 3rd Annual Sophort Safari
A tote of Viden hair products
Family video session by Christine Benally Peranteau Photography
A session of career coaching
Portrait session by Ida E. Volta Photography
Books by Brandstätter Verlag
A 25 euro gift certificate from Craftwines
Products from Source Naturale
Two tickets for a shopping tour with Shopping with Lucie!
16 different gift bags of high quality t-shirts/tanks and totes
Two tickets to the Science Ball Wiener Ball der Wissenschaften - Vienna SciBall



You all are the best. Now all you others, buy tickets, pleeeaaase! I also plan to continue to support these awesome companies/people and I hope you all do too! Regarding the actual event, I am even considering self tanner so that I will be a nice festive orange for the event. Good times.

(6 hour break)

I wrote most of the above before I headed out earlier into the cold to buy raffle tickets. My word is it like Canada out there.. and I think I lost a toe. I grew up in cold countries and spent my last two years of high school in Moscow... granted Princess Tova had a driver... and yet I have lost the ability to handle the cold. And yes Mom, I wore a hat... and gloves and an unattractive yet warm coat. I usually fight tooth and nail to keep wearing my faux fur vest but when the temperature dips to minus 8, fashion goes out the window. I did wear lipstick though. Besides my time spent in the Arctic earlier today, the rest of the day has been spent inside and hoping the Kid's digestion improves. We had a mini-freak out earlier in the day but it wasn't too bad. We also were able to take down the Christmas decorations and now the living room looks so empty and soulless. I am sure an expensive vintage dining room table could change that but I am a stupid budget. Grrr. Anyway, all I can hope for is a chill evening with jewelry making, yoga and maybe some Ladies of London. I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday evening. May it be warm and cozy and full of cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Tell me all about your cheese when you get a chance. Or send me a picture. Whatever. Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge