The Accidental Diet: From Fugly to Fox - a Review

As I mentioned yesterday, I picked this book up on Kindle and finished it within a day. I think that by stumbling upon The Accidental Diet: From Fugly to Fox was a bit of a fate thing. I've been stuck in a weight loss/ weight gain holding pattern for a few months and with getting hit by a bout of bronchitis and discovering this book, I feel like I am back on track and ready to finalize Operation Tubetop.



The book is short but why shouldn't it be? Alicia Hunter highlights some key points that make weight loss seem completely doable and doesn't make me want to gnaw my arm off in hunger. It is common sense and filled with points that we (we, the constant dieters) have heard for years but now is in print which in my world, makes things real. Damn you Onion for confusing the bejeebus out of me, often.

Some good points:

Eat every 2-3 hours
Track calories
Don't deprive yourself

I am of course simplifying her advice and there is much more to the book, but I suggest, if you are like me and sick to death of dieting, to pick this book up. I have been following her advice for 3 days and I am down 3 pounds. This book is not about dropping the weight in record time, au contraire, but more about reassessing your relationship to food. And she talks about alcohol and a woman who likes a glass or two of wine is a-ok with me. Included in the book is a month eating plan which I am not following to the T, but I am getting some great ideas from.

Based on the menu I posted yesterday, my daily caloric breakdown is something like dis:

Breakfast: 100 calories
Snack: 100 calories
Lunch: 250 calories
Snack: 100 calories
Dinner: 400 calories
Wine, every night: 100-200 calories

This give me a daily range around 1000-1200 calories and I actually feel completely satiated due to eating every few hours. And so, I salute you Ms. Hunter. Thanks for writing a book filled with common sense. It is refreshing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge