I love being married

I've been married for 9 years and I have to say, I am motherlovin blessed. I got married at 22 and I knew that this was the man for me. We eloped, and that be another story, but I cannot believe that I am still so madly in love with the Husband. Do we fight? Of course. Am I the one who starts the fights? Of course. Even though we got married so young, I grew up with a great example of marriage. My parental units have been married for almost 40 years and I find that so incredibly admirable, how they didn't smother each other with pillows is even more admirable. What I find makes my marriage so wonderful is that I have a man that never sees an end to our marriage. I'm not easy to live with, I know that... But I keep him convinced that he needs me. I can't say that I am an expert in marriage but here are a couple of tips:

Everytime your partner pisses you off, take a deep breath and think about the first thing that attracted you to them. In my case, an apartment in Vienna.

Go to bed angry. That's ok. But wake up in a cold sweat and think about how terrible your life would be without your partner. Fear is healthy.

Do romantic things. I once dressed up like a Hooters girl and carried a pitcher of beer.

Never stop saying 'I love you'.

Flashing is always a good idea.

And finally, it is o.k. to say 'sorry'. It is painful and I hate to admit it, but in the long run it is worth it. ie. 'I am sorry you are being such a douche canoe.'

And my last bit of marital advice, be yourself and be fabulous, because that is what your partner fell in love with at first. And your talent to impersonate a velociraptor. Don't ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge