This and That and Mosaique

Well, hello there! Wow! Do I feel absolutely reborn! I am not sure but I think it has a little to do with the fact that I took it very very easy this morning. I was up at 5:40 as usual to make the Kid's lunch and have a good 10 minutes of silent coffee drinking time and then woke the Kid up. The routine is to get him out of bed, get him on the sofa with some milk and breakfast, then I place a blanket on the ground and drag him to his room so I can get him dressed for school. Usually by 6:30 he is completely awake and then we just put his shoes and coat on and he heads downstairs with the Husband to wait for the bus. Usually after this, I go for a run but since I had the terrifying incident on Monday morning, I have decided to take a couple of days off and it is kind of driving me batty. So instead of going for a run, I crawled back into bed and slept for another hour and a half and it was complete and utter bliss.

I got out of bed after my early morning nap, took a long shower, made some coffee and finally signed up for Spotify. Don't yell at me, I have a hard time catching up to the cool kids. I put on my make up and then headed to work. It is drizzly and cold today but that is fine by me and the good news is I fit into one of my favorite coats which is military style and I am so so happy. Anyway, let's see what is new! If you have been listening to my podcast, which I hope you have (praise me), you will have heard mostly about what is new in my nutso life. I talked about the spinning class I took on Saturday and how I almost died. Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and buy a 10 class package and I am signed up for another class this Saturday. Thankfully I have no plans to get blotto on Friday night so this session should go a lot better. Or not. Yesterday I also shared my new Etsy shop on Facebook. You can find the link here. A talented friend is also making a stamp of my logo for me because when I tried, I almost cried. Not my strength. Anyway. Please buy! It will help pay for my future Botox. Thanks!

Also yesterday, I was able to finally post about the awesome collaboration with The Cake Tree. For the past couple of months I have been talking to the lovely owner of The Cake Tree and she has generously offered to open her doors one Monday a month for a couple of hours for autistic families. It is really really incredible and another step towards acceptance in this city. Speaking of the Beacon Beach House, fundraising has currently been slow but I will be posting the GoFundMe page again at the end of the month and of course next year I have planned a super awesome charity event that is going to be AMAZING! Stay tuned for that. There is a therapy networking event next Thursday and hopefully another cinema event as well as a Christmas and parent event. Other than that, same old, same old.

Last night, after work, I went for dinner with my friend G.G. We were supposed to meet at 5 but I showed up at her office 15 minutes early. I was ready to go. We headed to On Market which is a really lovely place which I should go to more often. We shared dumplings and had some wine and then we made our way to Mosaique which is a fab concert series I have written about in the past. I also did a podcast with the 2 lovely founders of this series a few weeks ago. You can find that link here. We showed up around 7 and got some wine and then at 7:30, settled in our seats. It was a fabulous show as always and I adored the Danse Macabre. It is one of my favorite songs ever and if you know which song I mean, you will say "No shit." I do like the macabre. There was also a duet of classical guitar by 2 guys (duet means 2!) and their band name is R2T2 which is pretty epic. It was a lovely lovely evening but we were both exhausted by the end and headed home as soon as the concert was over. I totally recommend checking this series out. It's cultured and shit. Today I have to work later and if I am not too late, I might meet up with a couple of friends for a nightcap. I will have a quiet Thursday and Friday night at home and I cannot wait to have some quality time with the Kid. Friday afternoon I will be interviewing a friend for the podcast so stay tuned for that! That should hopefully be published Friday evening. On Saturday is a birthday party for a friend but I don't want to stay out too late which means I just jinxed it by writing that. Last Friday was a doozy and I need to take it a little easy but that is what I always say and then end up doing the complete opposite. I hope you all have a great rest of the week! And thanks for all of the support for all the things that I do! It means a lot! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge