Pink Hair and the Kid Still Sick

Sup everybody. I have pink hair! I look like a chubby middle aged Anime character. Like Jem and the Holistic Practitioners. Yup. I do love it. I truly do. It's currently an apricot/pink mix so I have to do a couple more applications to get it the pink I want it to be. Why did I go pink? Why not? I love having dark hair but the greys coming in were driving me batty and dying my hair every couple of weeks is not something I enjoy... and let's not talk about the probable loss of brain cells with every application. Could I go grey? Sure. But not yet. It's too soon. I am kind of exited about having a new look and I was so excited about doing it that I was up until 1 a.m. bleaching my hair. I then woke up at 5:40 to put the pink in. I can barely stay awake now. But what other colours will I explore next? Who knows! Unless my hair falls out in clumps because of how badly I have treated it recently (and for many years).

In other news, the Kid is super sick. I thought we were in the clear and yesterday he stayed home with a cough but this morning, he was hacking even more and was pretty lethargic. I hate when he's like this and it breaks my heart. The humidifier is on full blast and the Husband is staying home with him today. He was supposed to have an intense therapy session this afternoon but I had to unfortunately cancel it. Hopefully he will be on the mend soon and back to school soon. Truly is germ season extraordinaire!

Last night, before breaking out the bleach, I made a quick pitstop at Craftwines to catch up with a friend and then another friend picked me up in the 8th and drove us to the 19th district. It was a birthday dinner for another friend at Daniel Moser's Cottage and when we walked in, I was like "Hey! They filmed the show Vorstadtweiber here!" This is the second time I have walked into a place and have declared this. Last time was at the fabulous Skopik und Lohn. It's a lovely place and I finally had my first non-vegan meal in three weeks: chicken avocado burger. It was amazing but I pushed my luck by having some cake afterwards. I felt a little bloaty this morning. Dammit, Tova, get it together. Control top underwear can only do so much for you in that ball dress. It was a lovely evening with friends: lots of laughter and some wine. And I am totally going back to that place.

This afternoon, after work, I will head home to see the Kid for a little bit. I was supposed to have a meeting at another autism center this afternoon but I feel too guilty that I will be out tonight without seeing the Kid first. #momlife. After snuggles, I will head to the Beaver Brewing Company for the Therapy Networking Night and then record a podcast. Then I will head home and sleep and sleep. And the last little story before I end this post....Yesterday I had an awesome moment. My ball tips podcast was shared by the Science Ball Facebook page and I was described as a "socialite". I didn't realize that was on my bucket list until the moment I read that. Life goals. I hope you all have a great day and if you want to dye your hair a whacky colour, go for it! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge