A Week of Spin and the Kid is Still Sick

Hello Sunday morning! The Kid was on the mend yesterday but this morning he woke up with a fever and a cough. Wednesday he had his shots and by Thursday morning, he had the fever. We kept him home Friday as well and yesterday he was running around and happy. Blergh. Poor kiddo. He usually has a ton of energy and I can see he is pretty ticked that he can't run around as usual. I hear you buddy. At 11 I have my last spin class of the week at SuperCycle. That will bring me to 5 classes this week which yes, I know, is overkill. I guess I wanted to push myself this week and I did. 5 spin classes is a little too much and next week I can only get a couple in. But I have to say, I've enjoyed myself immensely... even if I can't feel my butt at this time.

It was a pretty inspiring week, actually. On Thursday I finished work and then stopped at a small restaurant called Enwok. I ordered cucumber maki and some tofu and veg dumplings. It was pretty nice to spend some time reading a book and eating good food. After that, I headed to an event at a friend's practice. She is an Osteopath and organized a women's event regarding her new startup called We Love Pink Planet. The idea is to focus on the pelvic floor, sex issues and self esteem. It's a wonderful project and I met some really neat people too. My gyno was there too and I jokingly said to a couple of women "I'm glad she recognized me even with my skirt on". Thank God those women had a sense of humour. I also lined up a possible talk in the future. I guess this will become one of my things in the future: giving talks. I'm thrilled! It was a lovely night and I applaud my friend for taking this initiative regarding women's health. And there was pink bubbly so a win for us all! I will share more details about the project soon!

Tomorrow is back to work and in the evening I am heading to a restaurant called Daniel Moser's Cottage. I didn't see much in terms of vegan options on the menu but that's o.k. I've completed three weeks of veganism and a non-vegan meal once in a while won't kill me... but could that meal be a gateway meal... probably. But I will be good until the ball on Saturday. Speaking of the ball, tomorrow I will be posting a new podcast episode which will be what to expect when you are expecting to attend a ball. Stay tuned for that. Tuesday is going to be absolutely wild: first a meeting at an autism center, then an hour at the therapy networking evening, and then recording a podcast with someone. I imagine I will be mincing back home, drained. Otherwise, the rest of the week will not be too crazy.

It's been a decent weekend save for the Kid being sick. I was able to get some writing done which, if it all works out, I will be screaming from the rooftops about it. It's fun to have a new project and yes, I know I don't need a new project but I'm never going to change so don't even try. After my spin class, I will snuggle with the Kid, do some laundry and get a little more writing in. Yesterday I made an awesome crockpot chickpea curry (because I still don't have a working stove and oven) and tonight I think we will order takeout (because I still don't have a working stove and oven). I'm happy to say that my eating habits have been pretty good these past few weeks... It definitely makes a difference when I cut out cheese. Sure, I'm a little stabby, but I am sleeping better and I'm less bloaty mcbloatface. I'm still going to be purchasing control-top underwear for the ball, though. I also bought gel feet pads for my shoes. The only other prep I have to do is exorcise a pimple I've been hosting on my chin. I've called him Herbert and he doesn't want to move out.

And my last little story of the day is that I am now planning two fundraisers for the next few months. The funny thing is that years ago, when I watched The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for the first time, I was enamored by a woman called Lisa Vanderpump. She hosted benefits and her house was all white and pink. I remember saying to a friend "That's the life I want!" and well, while I don't live in Beverly Hills and I don't own restaurants or even a small dog, my life is going in a pretty awesome direction and I am hosting fundraisers and well, my living room is pink and white. The first fundraiser will be with a dear friend and it is going to be Canadian themed and most likely on February 20th. The next one will be in April and will be a Viennese themed event with music and poetry. I posted on Facebook that I was looking for a location and so many awesome people gave suggestions. One friend sent me an email for a perfect place and I am so excited if it works out. Now I need to secure the talent. It's all a lot of work but I live for this stuff. And the money will be incredibly helpful for Autism in Vienna. The next event will be a parent night at the end of February or beginning of March and of course I need to set up some seminars soon. I also need more hours in a day. I hope you all have a cozy and lovely Sunday. It's time for me to put on some Spandex soon for spin class. We just gave the Kid some medicine and he acted like it was battery acid but hopefully his fever will go down and he will be back to jumping off tables. So all in all, a regular Sunday at home. Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge