The Blues and the Birthday

Apologies for not writing sooner. It has been a busy few days of celebrations and normal life. On Tuesday there was the amazing presentation by Mike Lake! On Wednesday I kvetched about being ignored by other organizations here and then miracle of miracles, one contacted me a couple of hours later. I have an idea of how that happened and it is pretty highlarious. Or tragic. Because I felt so spurned, I decided to go forward with my plans for the center and soon I will have some sessions in finance coaching with the Wirtschafts Agentur. Am I nervous? Yes. Math is just not my thing.

Wednesday was shaping up to be pretty awesome and then I got an e-mail from my father that my uncle had passed. It was a shock and I decided to leave work early. My friend D.K. met me at Cafe Gitarre even though she was sick and snotty because she is good people. I cried and drank wine and over indulged. When the Kid was in the hospital last year and she visited, we said that we had to stop making hospitals our thing and instead "make yachts our thing."

After many glasses of wine, I headed home to relieve the nanny and then I received a text message that friends were at an Indian restaurant and then they were heading to the Louisiana Blues Bar. Not possessing any critical thinking after all that Zweigelt, I texted back that I would head over and I put the Kid to bed and then headed out. Again, probably not my best life decision. I showed up at the restaurant, had a glass of wine and then we climbed into a taxi and headed to the Blues Bar. I ordered Rose and the night just got wilder from there. I made one friend sing because she is from Memphis and in my mind, anybody from Memphis can sing the Blues. At midnight I was wished Happy Birthday and shortly thereafter I realized I had to head home because I had to be at work the next morning at 7:30. Wednesday night Tova was an idiot.

Smelling like a fermenting vineyard, I showed up to work in my fake glasses because I felt they hid my shame. Around 10:30, Office Twin and I were summoned to a friend's office and on the desk was a pile of presents. Presents always make me giddy. Office Twin and I also received the same amount of gifts because sibling rivalry. There was wine, and nail polish and pencils with logos!! Mine read "What would Martha do?" which is my personal life motto and the Office Twin received pencils stamped with "Evil Genius" because that is his personal life motto. We also received awesome paper masks that a friend had made. Office Twin's was a dragon and mine was a unicorn because of course. There was an awesome lemon cake made by a friend and it was all so nice! I just wish I wasn't dying.

Somehow I made it through the day and then I headed into the first district, feeling delicate. I was supposed to meet a friend at 5:30 at a cocktail bar and since I had some time to kill, I headed to one of my favourite places called Cantinetta La Norma. I ordered a margerhita pizza and tried not to keel over. I ended up texting my friend and writing "So like, if we postpone tonight, my liver won't mind." She was understanding and so I paid for my pizza, gathered up my Lush bath bombs and headed home. I took a bath, put on a face mask, had some Sachertorte and by 8:30 I was in bed. Ugh. But it was the best way to end a pretty few fabulous days of my birthday. I received so many incredible messages via e-mail, text and on Facebook. Thank you everybody for your messages! I felt loved!!!

I have decided to be a good girl and stay in this weekend. There was a possibility of attending the IAEA ball but I decided that I should take it easy. Obviously turning 35 has matured me... until next week. I wish you all a fabulous Saturday! I am heading to Bikram soon where I will say good bye to the last of the wine from Wednesday night and then I will do a little food shopping and maybe fabric shopping because after my ball dress success, I feel like a modern day Coco Chanel. This can only end well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge