125,000 Views and the Week Ahead

Well, I am so ridiculously excited that my blog views reached 125,000 yesterday. I guess me writing about the microblading pushed it over the edge. I guess me doing something painful and cosmetic brings in the readers. Noted. Heh. I started this blog about 4 years ago and it started as a weight loss and fluffy blog and then slowly morphed into something more. It is therapeutic for me, hopefully funny for some of you and definitely one of my favourite things to do. If I could just sit and write all day, that would be a dream come true but unfortunately I's gots bills to pay. I am ecstatic that so many people read this blog! A lot of you are people I know but some of you are people who type in "Girl in a tubetop" and I am sorry whoever you are that your Google search brought you to this page because I am pretty sure that you were not expecting this. But you are still welcome, Frat boy!

So again, a big thank you for reading when you can, for messages on Facebook and via e-mail. It keeps me going and makes me hope that somehow I can make a difference in your eyebrow situation. Heh... again. What an exciting time to be ALIVE!

So today's post is just about the upcoming week and what I am up to. It will definitely be a quieter week compared to last week. By Friday night I was a walking zombie. Yesterday was a pretty chilled day. I spent the morning with the Kid, then had a brunch at this awesome place with my friend H.B. She suggested we try out Pure Living Bakery on Burggasse and I was pleasantly surprised. The falafel bagel was great and the vegan chocolate cake: to die for. I took a picture of the place and Instagrammed it and then someone who I don't know, wrote me and said that I had somehow taken a picture of them in the back and I thought that was pretty hilarious. Oh Instagram, you complete me. After brunch I headed home and then my aunt and her husband came by to meet the Kid. There must be something about male Canadian accents because this is the second time the Kid has crawled onto the sofa and snuggled with someone he has just met. This time he was so relaxed that he fell asleep within minutes. He obviously does not have trust issues.

Speaking of the Kid, this morning it was raining and I decided that since we have to slowly wean the Kid off of his stroller, it was time to try and walk to the kindergarten. We can see the Kindergarten from our kitchen window so it definitely isn't a trek, but he usually bikes there (with me gripping his hood to stop him from lifting up his feet and going at warp speed down the hill, children and the elderly be damned) so this time I decided that we would walk there. He was awesome! And he held my hand the whole time, and babbled to himself. It was pretty adorable and I was incredibly proud. I dropped him off and he ran into a classroom and stole an apple. Meh. At least he is stealing fruit. At 11, my phone rang and I saw that it was the kindergarten calling. The last few times they have called it has been to tell me that he is doing something spectacular and yet I still freak out when I see the number on the display. This time I was calm and picked up the phone, completely smug and ready to hear something wonderful. Yeah, no. He's sick. Apparently he had been crying most of the morning so he had to be picked up. Ugh. Keep me on my toes, kindergarten, keep me on my toes. The Husband picked him up and it seems like he is ok but might be getting a cold. Poor kiddo. No wonder he walked to Kindergarten without protesting... he was probably hallucinating.

So this week is going to be a-o.k. I won't have time for hot yoga until Friday and also, because of the brows, I have to avoid a lot of sweating.. so no skinny jean wearing for me. Tomorrow evening I am meeting a friend at a cocktail bar: Kleinod. On Thursday I am going to David Sedaris but I am in a bit of a panic because I cannot find my blasted ticket that I got last year. I might have to gatecrash. On Saturday I have been invited to a poutine party at a friend's (YAAY!) and otherwise, I have some work to do, yoga to namaste and some small side projects to complete. I hope you all have a fabulous week! Tomorrow is March and I cannot believe how fast this year is going! Gah! So much to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge