An Interesting Weekend

I feel like I need a weekend after this past weekend. It was filled with a lot of wine and champagne and exhaustion and relaxation and eating and floral arrangements and celebration and disappointment. It was kind of a day in the life of my brain stretched out over 2 days.

On Saturday I got chair covers for our dining room table. My mom suggested these a while ago but everywhere I looked, they were overpriced and only for square backed chairs. I ended up buying them at Moebellix for 14.99 a pair. I figured, meh, I will make them fit. And fit they did, kind of. I love them. The Husband was not too impressed initially but once he saw them on, he kind of loved them, too. Win.

Since we were having friends over that night for a "casual" dinner, I decided to set up the dining room table to look like an upscale garden party just because I could. The Kid was a little obsessed with the new vases that I bought and was initially pissed that I wanted to put roses in them. He kept taking them out until the Husband and I convinced him it would be an AWESOME game to put them back in. Suddenly he was a pint-sized Nate Berkus.
Smack talking 3 year old with a fine eye
I made baked ziti and garlic bread and salad and was slightly worried that the Kid would freak out. We haven't entertained much since the Kid developed an opinion and have definitely avoided any type of event in the evening. In the new place I decided to give it the old college try and I am so happy to report that he was the perfect little host - even grabbing my friend by the hand and making her come to the kitchen to watch him count grapes. At 8:45 we decided to throw him into bed and he passed out the minute we put the blanket over him. Proud mother of perfect child, right here.

Initially we were going to only watch a little bit of the Eurovision Song Contest but since Conchita fever hit, we really got into it. Our lovely guests left just before the voting and even though I was exhausted, I couldn't stop watching. I was literally dancing when I saw Conchita get points. Her winning this was a huuuuuge victory for equality and I couldn't be prouder of my host country for having the cajones to send her.

We didn't get to bed until past 1 and I was cursing the fact that we were (I) hosting brunch for the in laws the next morning. I woke up and cursed and cooked and cursed. Let's just say that the Husband is in a lot of trouble and that because this marriage is about getting my way all.the.time, there will be a reckoning. A BIG ONE. Watch this space.

At least the afternoon was pleasant and cozy with the Kid. He was adorable and snuggly. It is weird to see just how much he has changed in the past 3 weeks. I can't wait to see more progress but the most important thing is seeing how happy he is.

I hope you all had a fine Mother's Day. Please feel free to brag about them on Facebook - that will just give me more guilt-inducing ammunition. Happy Monday!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge