Party Day!

It's the morning of the party. No creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Except for me. There is a lot a lot a lot to do today and I can't get started on a lot of it until the Husband takes the Kid to the mother in law's. Yesterday I made an x-tra large lasagne, spinach dip and cupcakes. This morning I will prep the chicken fajitas and the Thai meatballs. In the afternoon, pizza and couscous with chickpeas and just before the party kicks off; the mac and cheese. I feel oddly calm about the food. The one thing that is getting me a little noivous is the decorating I have to complete and FIX.

Yesterday was the day of the killer fog. It made a few taped up bats wither. They look like they have died up on the ceiling. The Husband was all like "actually, it looks pretty good. Maybe next time, double side them so they look more realistic." Thanks for the tip, now go pop a vein for the bathtub because your blood will look more realistic. Suggestions this late in the game? Not helpful!!! The killer fog also made a few decorations fall down so I know I will be dedicating some of my precious time on a ladder. Gah!

Around 9:50 the Husband will leave with the Kid and then I will attack the Kid's room like Anna Wintour does a chubby cameraman (watch September Issue, so epic). Anyway, I have to take stuff out, bring stuff in and make it look like a voodoo cave with a crib.

Next, I have to bloodify the bathroom and of course clean the apartment. And I want to dye my hair and do my nails which might not happen. And of course, I should take a nap if I want to stay awake past ten. I wanted to sleep in past 6:30 but the Husband turned on the TV in the bedroom and the flashing light woke me up and Little House on the Prairie was on and the first face I saw was this girl's and she just bugs me. Gah! I hated her when I was a kid and I still do. I should probably let this irrational dislike go.
I swear to god Nellie, you take that smug smile off your face or I will do it for you.

So anyway, time to get started. There are only 12 hours to go before I get my Monster Mash on. Vive le Halloween Party!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge