Equality!

Yay New Zealand! You legalised gay marriage! I have always been an advocate for equal rights; race, gender, shoe height and of course for gay marriage. It is hard to believe it is 2013 and we still are having this debate. I remember when I was 5 a friend told me one day that she had heard that men were marrying men and women were marrying women and my response was "really? oh." and then I think I continued playing with My Little Ponies or designing a dress for Barbie. It didn't phase me. Love is love and why is that such a hard concept to grasp. The very idea that gay marriage is a threat to straight marriage is laughable, unless we're talking about a bidding war for a fabulous wedding planner. It truly boggles the mind that in this day and age we are still not allowing people to marry whomever they want to marry. And yet, people bring their 12 year olds to a Bieber concert and that's a-ok?

I want to just give a shout out to lovely New Zealand! A friend posted this video on FB earlier and it got me all verklempt. And there is a lady who is rocking an awesome hat and you should know I love hats (you'll see her throughout the video). I dare you not to tear up.. Gah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9pOJ8Bc_-g

And so, this post is not about Operation Tubetop but rather my "cheers and hats off" to the new law passed. Let this trend continue! It's about effing time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge