Easy Delicious Crockpot Moroccan Chicken

We had guests over today (an old colleague who I became friends with pretty much immediately and her boyfriend). They are Italian and crack me up to no end and the 4 of us always have a great time. Hosting has become more challenging now that we have the Kid but I was happy to see that we are able to have people over between the hours of 2:30 and 5:30 without any meltdowns (this includes me). The reason I mentioned that our guests were Italian is that I always have to avoid making "Italian" food when they come over. I can cook Italian but I can't cook chest-beating, Armani wearing, Sophia Loren in a tight dress Italian, so I always have to find alternatives to my lasagne, pizza, pasta, caprese salad specialities that I oh so love to make.

This time I decided to make Moroccan chicken, saffron cous cous, tandoori potatoes, falafel, pitas and hummous. It was a mixture of several cultures and hot damn, Moroccan chicken in the crockpot is just amaaaazing.

Here is the healthy and easy recipe

Crockpot Moroccan Chicken (serves 4)

4 chicken breasts (cubed)
A can of chickpeas
1 onion
2 minced garlic cloves
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup pureed tomatoes
1 heaping tsp saffron
1 heaping tsp cumin
1 tbsp (or to taste) cinnaminonnon
Salt and Peppa
Handful of chopped parsley
Handful of chopped coriander
3 tsp of grated ginger

Cook on low for 8-10 hours and serve over cous cous. Amaaaaazing.

And you can't serve Moroccan chicken without a pretty tajine (the green thing on the right). Isn't it purty? Got it as a gift from my mom a couple of months ago... I love it (don't tell the crock pot or the clay pot right behind it)!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dressing your Pear Shaped Figure

The Kid's Birthday Party and Holding it Together the Best I Can

How to Dress Rich - Old Money