It's Almost my Birthday!

Hello and happy Saturday everybody! It was an absolutely nutso week. Work was busy, I was busy, and so on and so forth. On Wednesday I had to work later and as I was on my way home, a friend messaged me and said she needed black string. I said I had black string and since she lives in the neighbourhood, she came by to pick up the black string. And she brought a bottle of prosecco so we sat in the living room and chatted while the Kid ran around like the Tasmanian Devil. On Thursday I had to get to work super early and let me just tell you that Vienna during the school ski break at 7 in the morning is incredibly post-apocalyptic. In the afternoon, I finished work and headed to Cafe Eiles. I was meeting my friend N.P. there and he came a little later bearing some pretty fab shoes he had just purchased. We shared fries, I had deep friend cheese and for dessert we had Kaiserschmarren. I decided that afternoon that my birthday weekend was officially starting. We had some wine and then made our way over to the Expat Center for a Metropole event. I was curious to check it out and after a couple of short speeches, I realized that I am at best a mediocre writer. Or I need to up my game and purchase a tweed blazer. Seems like a lot of work, to be honest.

We drank wine, met a couple of people and then it was time for me to head home and fall into a deep sleep. The next morning was another early one for work which meant I could leave around 3:30. Just before I left, friends left me a present on my desk which was a lovely surprise: wine, a notebook, chocolate and flamingo paperclips. After work, I decided to head to Mariahilferstrasse to use some of my Christmas gift certificates. I stopped at Bik Bok and of course was ignored by the staff because apparently I am 30 pounds overweight and 20 years too old. I showed them of course...by buying stuff at their store. I spied what I thought was a fab robe but it turns out that it is a jumpsuit. Words cannot describe my excitement when I discovered this while I was showing my friend my purchase in the evening. This outfit deserves big hair and platform sandals... and devastating eyebrows. I also bought workout clothes because I figure year 37 of Tova needs to be all about the fitness. Bring it. After shopping, I headed to the wonderful Schrei and Soehne. I didn't really make plans for my birthday this year but I texted a couple of friends who head to S&S a lot and asked if they wanted to meet up for a couple of drinks. I arrived just before 5 and by 5:20, I was still on my own. So I texted them and I was like "So, ETA everybody? Currently living out my middle school nightmare scenario."

They texted that they were on their way and I ordered some more wine. My original plan was to stay until about 7:45. I overshot that by an hour and a bit. Oops. A friend dropped by on his way to a birthday dinner and gave me my favourite champagne: Veuve Clicquot. I WAS THRILLED! Another set of friends ended up paying for my cheese and wine and so it was a pretty amazing not planned night. I am very very lucky. The Kid was still awake when I got home so I sat on his bed for a little while and stared at him which is absolutely not creepy at all. Don't worry kiddo, I stare a lot at you when you are sleeping. This morning he woke up at 4:30 so I made the executive decision to not go to spinning this morning. But tomorrow I definitely will. Need to sweat out my shame. Today will be just a day at home hanging out with the Kid and dying my hair platinum blonde. Yes. This evening one of my besties is taking me out for dinner to one of my favourite places: Cantinetta La Norma. I can't wait! And tomorrow will officially be my birthday and I plan to get that spinning class in and then spend the rest of the day eating cake and eating pizza. Pretty epic.

What's the plan for next week? Well on Monday afternoon is the autism friendly hour at The Cake Tree and after I will be heading to a charity event hosted by the American Women's Association. On Tuesday is the concert series called Mosaique which I am looking forward too and then on Wednesday is Valentine's Day which is not something that that the Husband and I usually celebrate but we will try and go out for an early dinner. Also, as some of you saw, the Beacon Beach House Autism in Vienna website is up. It needs more work and some proofreading but I am just happy that I got a lot of it set up this past week. And don't forget to mark your calendars for the Plaid and Poutine Part Deux party on February 20th at the Beaver Brewing Company! Please sign up with the Google Doc on the event page because curds are limited! The whole place will be shut down for the partay and proceeds will be going to Autism in Vienna! I have awesome friends. So I hope you all have a great weekend. Thanks for reading and thank you for all of your support! Toodles!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge