Trip to Toronto Booked and a Great Baby Shower

So I am going back to Toronto at the end of May. I was there last July and didn't think I would be going back for at least a couple of years... but a friend is getting married and I promised I would go to her wedding when we met up last summer and drank wine and I CANNOT WAIT! I also really need to take a bit of a break from the craziness that is life right now. I plan to just relax, catch up with a few people and then head to Ottawa for a few nights to see my parents. Last summer I stayed at the fabulous Royal York hotel in downtown Toronto and while I adored it, I knew it wasn't in the budget this time around. I was looking online at different hotels in the area and then I thought I should check out Air BnB. I am definitely a hotel girl. I like the anonymity and the fact that my bed is made for me every day (that's Princess Tova writing). So I was just going to look at Air BnB just to see what was on there to confirm that I would be better off at a hotel. Oh how wrong I was. Immediately I found an apartment on King Street that has a balcony and a gym and a communal terrace with a view of the Sky Dome and CN Tower. I lost my ever loving mind and it was booked immediately.

I am so excited! And it is right around the corner from Pizza Pizza. Yes, this was one of the deciding factors in the booking. I'm not proud. I will be arriving in Toronto on the 23rd and then on the 27th is my friend's wedding, and then on the 28th, I will head to Ottawa. I am looking forward to watching TV, sleeping and just walking around in a daze. It has been a wild few months and I cannot wait to lie on a sofa and watch crap TV and drink rose wine on a balcony and go to the Beaches, and do a little shopping. Maybe get a manicure, pedicure and dare I say a spray tan? Oh the possibilities! Just over 9 weeks to go, gird your loins, Toronto!

Last week was absolutely crazy. Work was nuts, I had the newspaper interview, planned some details for the Hard Rock World Autism Day and there was just a lot to do in general. I was also gearing up for the Tiki baby shower I was hosting. The baby appeared a little earlier than expected but we decided to still go ahead with the party. Everyone needs to have a party in their honour at least 5 times in their life. It's the law. On Friday night I baked cupcakes and made the spinach dip and on Saturday morning, I kept cooking, went to the grocery store and decorated for the party. Just after twelve, a friend came by to set up the cocktails, and the guest of honour and her oldest friend came by too. Mostly everything was set up for the party and all I had to do was put on a bra and shoes and make the others blow up a lilo float thing because Tiki theme. By 1, most guests had showed up and I told them to help themselves to a drink and to food, and with my glass of bubbly, I sat down for a couple of minutes. I have hosted so many parties but I am still a bit of a stress case up until that first moment that I can sit down, confident that everyone is taken care of. Then I can get my drink on and be charming.

At one point, the guest of honour's friend who is visiting from the UK admitted she had never been to a baby shower before and was worried it would be a boring event; no alcohol and just baby talk and games. I told her that none of my showers have ever ever been like that because that sounds like my personal hell. Obviously it is all about me. It was a lovely few hours and the Husband was kind enough to take the Kid to the In laws for the afternoon. There were still about 4 ladies at our place when the Kid walked in. The confidence he has cracks me up. He won't full out greet anyone, but he will touch them a little bit as he walks by. It's his way of saying "Hi, I'm here. I won't acknowledge you fully because I am king." Just after 5, the last ladies left after we finished up the bubbly and I cleaned up the living room. I also decided to get a run in because I am nuts and pushing myself to perfection. Not really.

It was a truly great party with really lovely women. The energy was great and positive and there was a lot of love in the room (prosecco helps)! I also met some lovely ladies and I always love meeting new people. Girls rock! This morning I spent a ridiculous amount of time staring at my new 3 Tiki mugs. The guest of honour told me that I could keep them and I feel like one of my lifelong dreams was fulfilled. Otherwise, today has been a lazy Sunday. I did a little yoga earlier and around 4 I will meet a friend for our traditional Sunday drink meet up. I am happy to say that next week shouldn't be too crazy. Besides a dinner out with a friend on Tuesday, this week will be pretty chilled and I cannot wait! I better go and pay some more attention to the Kid and I hope you all have a great Sunday! Next post will be a bit of a review of two new Real Housewives shows: Sydney and Toronto. Don't judge me. I need escapism. Happy Sunday! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge