Midweek Malaise

Well hello there Wednesday! It is the evening, the Kid is in bed. I made dinner, did some Yoga and soon I will do some jewelry making because ZOMG only a week to go until the Beacon Beach House fundraiser. I have a lot to do still and for the past 2 days I have been working on something at work that makes my head spin but by tomorrow afternoon it should be off my desk and then I can breathe again.. for ten minutes until I tackle a bazillion other things. Tomorrow evening I am picking up another raffle prize and then meeting some friends at the Hard Rock Cafe for drinks. I am looking forward to an evening out amongst the living after a few quiet nights in.

Last night the Husband was out and after the Kid was in bed, I put on a DVD of Burn Notice and made some more jewelry for the fundraiser. I have mentioned it before but I do absolutely adore Burn Notice: it's not bloody or gory or sad and it is like a James Bond film without the revolving door of women. Fiona is one of the best female characters: literally stalks her ex-boyfriend and demands him to love her. I respect that. After a couple of episodes, I passed out around 10:30 and tossed and turned most of the night. Yes, I am feeling stressed but hopefully by this time next week, the fundraiser will have been a huge success and I can sit back and have a beer and take a deep breath for about another 10 minutes.

On Saturday I have to go and pick up a couple more raffle prizes and then stop by the Beaver Brewing Company to figure out a couple things... and by that, I pretty much mean that I will have a drink or two... On Monday night a friend is coming by to help make a couple of signs and then Wednesday is the BIG SHOW! I even bought a new (cheap) summer dress for the event and since I will be coming straight from work, I will have to change quickly in the cubicle bathroom at work like the disco queen that I am. I am still in the process of setting up the bank account and that is of course delaying the set up of GoFundMe. I originally wasn't going to go that route but at this point, I think it is my only option. Apparently rich philanthropists don't read this blog and say "You know, this extra million dollars just needs a good home." Oh the injustice of it all. Heh.

Today I was tagged in a private Facebook group because a mother was having an issue with her child. I won't go into details but I was asked for advice. This is where I can't offer help since I am not a therapist or an expert on schools. But I was able to share a couple of upcoming events in February: therapy networking evening and a parents' night. I am also arranging a seminar with a guy who is more than knowledgeable about the school system here when it comes to children with autism. I am very excited about this event! School is tough and school is tougher on kids with special needs. I was bullied terribly in middle school. One time a group of girls paid the most popular guy in school to ask me out on a date as a joke. I will never forget when he approached me and said "Hey, you want to go out for dinner on the weekend?" For about 30 seconds I truly believed that this was really true.. that finally someone noticed me and my heart soared. And then reality set in and I breezily said "We'll see." And then I saw a group of girls laughing their heads off and it became clear that I was being set up. Funnily enough, I don't have trust issues. Some people are assholes but I like to believe that the majority of people are good. Now, I was devastated, (and continued to be bullied for the rest of the year) but luckily I have always been an optimist and have the tools to let things go. But children without that capacity: heart wrenching. This is why the schools here must become better equipped for children with autism and that is just another thing to add to my list. And maybe look up that popular guy and see what he is up to nowadays and maybe send one of my heavily photoshopped pictures of myself where I look thin. Maybe...

Cough. Anyway, it's time to sit down and get some more bracelets made and to of course work on my speech for next week. I am terrible at speeches so there will be a lot of "HELLO VIENNA! HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?!?!" or "ThankyoueverybodyforcomingmynameisTova.." and then pass out. Good times. I hope you all have a great Wednesday night! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge