Happy Halloween and an Epic Party

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF THE YEAR! I HOPE THAT ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE TODAY! It is the one day of the year that you can be anybody you want to be. Do whatever you want to do (legally). I have always loved Halloween and I can't wait to party tonight... again. I am heading to the Beaver Brewing Company with a friend and I plan to just have a great time drinking. I am fully recovered from the party on Saturday which is what we call a Halloween miracle. Yesterday was a little touch and go. I woke up after 4 hours of sleep and put on my lucky Blue Jays shirt and got to cleaning. My word was the apartment a complete disaster!

I started with the Kid's room (which was the bar area) and worked non-stop for about 6 hours, getting drunk off the fumes from the floors. There were 70 bottles to recycle (proud of my friends) and floors to wash (I had to do it by hand since we ran out of Swiffer pads. I've never washed floors by hand. This was a new experience. I pretended I was cleaning up a crime scene to make it seem like more fun. It wasn't- At one point as I was vacuuming, I turned on the hallway chandelier and got zapped. Maybe that is the hangover cure we have all been searching for; electrocution. Of course the chandelier and the vacuum didn't seem to work after and I freaked out a little bit. But luckily it was just a circuit issue that the Husband fixed when he brought the Kid home. I don't understand electricity but after being electrocuted, I am pretty sure I have super powers now... right?

The party was absolutely amazing. Over 60 people came and the costumes were out of this world! There were Yip Yips, vampires, skeletons, a würstelstand, a couple of Frenchmen, David Bowie, Witches, a 70's tennis player, Harley Quinn, Joker, an Austrian election ballot, Clark Kent, a leopard, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, a nun, a cat being grabbed by Trump, a man wearing a crochet mask, a duchess, a bulldog, a fortune teller, clockwork orange guy, a group costume of Guess Who, Van Gogh and Starry Night, Papageno, guy in a mullet, Brexit... and I know I am missing more but my brain, it is tired. I went as Holly Golightly and I was all like Holly Goheavy (heh, heh). One friend said he thought I was Tom Cruise from Risky Business. Good guess since I guess we are the same height. Hosting over 60 people felt like a marathon for the first couple of hours but once the voting was done, I was able to relax and focus on drinking. There were so many highlights throughout the night. I think one of my favourites is my friend K.P. finding out the Holly Golightly was a prostitute. It's like her world shattered. Another great moment was finding out that my friend L.G. dressed as Bowie had even added a fake penis in her leggings. She kept adjusting at the beginning and I was about to be like "Honey, you should get that checked" and then realized she was actually adjusting her fake schwanz. Hilarious! I laughed, I drank and I just had a ball. It was such a fantastic time and I love how everybody put so much work into their costumes and into their drinking! I must say that this was the best party yet and I am already excited for next year!

I also am so so touched by all of the donations that people gave at the party for Autism in Vienna. I have never asked for donations at a party before and I am sure Emily Post rolled in her grave but wow, are my friends awesome or what?!? It was so generous and all I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am home alone with the Kid this morning so I can't write too much more. But I want to wish you all a fantastic Halloween! May your dreams come true today!! Here's hoping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge