Spinning, the Kid Party and Autism in Vienna Parent Night

Sorry everybody for not writing a post sooner. I have been busy and I was taking a little break before November madness starts! The next few weeks are going to be insane and I am trying to mentally prepare myself for exhaustion. Tonight's post is about a couple of things that have happened since I last wrote so buckle up!

Friday night I spent the majority of the time making pumpkin cookies and cupcakes. The Kid was a joy (as he has been for the past couple of weeks) and he even ended up passing out within minutes of being tucked into bed. Our new routine involves us giving him a bottle, sitting beside him for about 5 minutes with the lights out with his night light on (a fake gold Christmas tree thingy for now because his night light died) and then a quick kiss good night and the door left slightly ajar when we walk out. He will now remain in his room until he falls asleep and it is AWESOME! Sometimes we hear him talking to himself but otherwise, blessed silence. Such an amazing change! I was busy on Friday night because I was planning on attending spin class the next morning and then after that, host about 7 kids and their parents at our very first kid Halloween party! So late night baking it was!

I woke up early on Saturday morning and cleaned up, then headed to the grocery store for some last minute provisions. Just after 9 I caught the bus and headed to the spin class. It was a Halloween themed class and I was really looking forward to it. It had been a few weeks since my last class and I needed to sweat everything out. Apparently the instructor got the same memo. As soon as we were on our bikes she said "This is an hour class. Not the usual 45 minutes." and I believe I said "Well, fuck." It was an INSANE class and a friend came for the first time and she is incredibly fit and she even yelled "NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HAND WEIGHTS!!!" This class kicked my ass and I can say this now because I am no longer crying when I sit down... it was awesome!!! After class I ran out and headed home to frost shit. At 2 guests started to show up and the Kid did his normal nervous dance and avoided everybody. One of the best moments was when a friend's daughter, adorably dressed as Elsa from Frozen walked in and had a staring contest with my other friend's daughter dressed as a fairy princess. You could have cut the tension with a knife. I have never seen two two year olds stare each other down. I don't think it helped that I cackled until I could not breathe. The Kid also seemed to have a bit of a crush on the fairy princess because he kept coming up to her and "boop-ing" her every few minutes. What we found fascinating is that he would go up to each kid and stand in front of them and then spin back around and walk back. It was very Zoolander and we were very proud.

At 4:30 the Kid passed out and it was kind of hilarious and I am so happy that we had the party. I also was proud that the Kid didn't go all Kanye West on the guests. Good kid. After the party ended, I got changed and met up with a friend for some drinks at a very hipster bar and that is for another blog post. Sunday was spent taking down all the Halloween decorations. A big shout out to our friends around the corner for storing our stuff! We couldn't do it without them! 8 trips back and forth and our apartment is back to normal! Sunday night I met my friend at Columbus Bräu for dinner (one of our old locals) and drank like a champion because, why not? Monday afternoon I met a friend to talk about The House of Canada which I will talk about in a minute.. Moving on.


Earlier today I bought a Christmas tree (almost 8 feet of plastic) from Amazon and I am so freaking excited! For the past few years we have used a white Christmas tree. I felt we needed something kitsch in our old place. Last year, when we put the white Christmas tree up in our new place, I died a little inside. It didn't look kitsch chic... it looked crack-den chic. While I am a lover of natural trees there are a couple of reasons we have gone artificial: 1) I care about the environment... kind of and 2) They don't sell no trees until December 9 here and Christmas celebrations starts at the end of November in dis house, yo. And the Husband has one reason in that he has an irrational fear of pine needles. He always makes it sound like he will step on one and it will burrow into his feet and cause an infection and then I have to wonder what kind of crazy ass trees did they have in Kenya where he grew up?!

I also bought a Barenaked Ladies Christmas CD because, yes. Not only will I be blasting this throughout December but also we might be playing it at Feschmarkt where the House of Canada will have a stand. Come on by. I will be on top form! And, a little advertising here because I am the boss of this blog. I bought one of these bad boys yesterday and wore it all night long.

First of all, they be cozy. Second of all, wear underwear with them because there is a slit in the tuckus and it can be drafty. I am just saving you from traumatizing your family should you bend over to pick something up while wearing one of these. You are welcome. Anyway, tonight was the first monthly Autism in Vienna Parent Night. There were a few last minute cancellations but a couple of lovely people showed up and it was awesome! Like, this makes it worth it all because even if one parent can walk away feeling not alone (good writing there, Tova) it means the world to me! Next month we will have another parent night and I urge more parental units to come on by. So much is happening that I cannot wait to write about it!! It is, however, time for me to head to bed. I wish you all a fantabulous night and prepare yourselves for another rambling post tomorrow. Sleep tight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge