Semester Break and Exciting Past Week

Well hello everybody! Apologies for not updating the blog recently. It was a very busy week last week and lots of exciting things happened! I also wanted to let you all know that I will be taking a 2 week break on the podcast. I have reached about 50 episodes and 1,800 downloads and have loved doing it, but I thought I would take a little time to regroup and get a line up of guests up and running. I have a lot to do this month and I really need to scale back on some of the things that I am currently doing. Speaking of things, one of the big things is planning a fundraiser night in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately this can't happen until I get something for this thing and I am currently and desperately waiting for the next step to get the things and I don't like not being in control of things. Deep breaths. It will all work out.

As I mentioned above, last week was pretty amazing. The first thing was that the Kid took the Ubahn for the first time in years. I might have mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I cried when I saw a picture of the Kid finally in a train station (courtesy of one of his aides) and then, just last week, my little champion actually rode the Ubahn. I lost it and my heart exploded when I got the message and I am just so damn proud of him. The last couple of months he has really developed and I hope we can keep this trend going. Autism is a rollercoaster and you never know what to expect. I guess that just sums up my life in general these days. Another wonderful thing that happened was that Autism in Vienna was voted as charity of the year by the Vienna Family Network. I definitely wasn't expecting it and I was actually out for dinner with my friend L.G. when my phone starting going a little wild. All these different messages from friends saying "Congratulations!" or "Woot!" and I was like "Um. Am I pregnant?" No, I just know so many incredible people who are just so damn supportive. I was absolutely shocked and blown away and it means the world to me. This year is off to a pretty amazing start! Speaking of dinner out, I am in love with a new place. It's on Wiedner Haupstrasse and is called Sha Guo. It opened up a few months ago and I have to admit, I was worried it would maybe not fare so well in that hood but lo and behold, when I went on Thursday night, it was packed! The food is incredible, the service is ridiculously friendly and there is a cocktail happy hour daily! When I met my friend on Thursday, we started with a cocktail and then moved onto wine. At one point the waiter was like "Is this your 3rd or 4th round of wine" and I was like "I don't know, mooom..." It was our 4th, I think. It was a lovely evening out and I was totally excited from the news about charity of the year. And thank you to everybody who voted! You guys all rock!

On Saturday I went spinning and then in the evening, met another friend I hadn't seen in a while and well, went back to Sha Guo. I AM HOOKED! It was great to catch up and talk #momlife. And this time, nobody asked us how many of glasses of wine we had had. On Sunday I went to another spin class and then headed home. The Kid and I played "catch" which pretty much involves me running after him as he squeals in delight (pretty much my most favorite thing in the world right now) and then I met a friend in the afternoon for a walk. We walked to the Belvedere Palace and walked through the grounds and we caught up on the last few months. We stopped at Cafe Frey for some spritzers and then I headed home for some Chinese takeout. I was in bed by 8. I think I fell asleep before the Kid. And speaking of the Kid, he currently looks like Friar Tuck. The Husband cut his bangs and I don't want to talk about it. It's just hair... it will grow. The Kid is off this week because it is semester break and luckily the Husband is able to take some time off. It's tough balancing stuff like this but one day it will all work out. RIGHT?! Right. This will be another busy week. Tomorrow I am heading out for pizza at Da Capo with my friend S.R., on Wednesday I am working late and then on Thursday I will be going to an event hosted by the magazine Metropole. Sounds like it will be a talk about smart stuff or something but there was the promise of drinks and snacks so I'm sold. I'll never change. I hope you all have a great week! I will try and blog a couple of more times this week and of course, I will be back to podcasting in a couple of weeks! Toodles!

Comments

  1. ahh, now I remember how I help to cut my younger sister hair and failed greatly, she's sulking but www I said, "it will grow. Just wait..." she wasn't talking to me for days

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have started designing the latest lawn designs for women's wear for the to make your appearance beautiful and good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge